This project aims to provide evidence of the current functioning of existing governance systems, structures, and procedures in scheduled areas in the context of water body management. It will capture the views and perspectives of various stakeholders, including academia, civil society organizations, elected representatives, and the people, for an effective governance system. In light of their constructive views and suggestions, the project will develop a way forward and initiate a process of change through capacity building, support, and technical assistance.
- Interface and networking at the district and state level to prepare baseline information on PESA implementation.
- Visioning exercise at Gram Panchayat and district level to understand and analyse the needs and aspirations of scheduled tribe people living in PESA areas, culminating in a vision document for each Gram Panchayat.
- Conducting the study, which is to be an in-depth analysis of the existing governance systems, collection of evidences of existing practices of management of natural resources, analysis and identification of gaps in the implementation of PESA, and problems from diverse perspectives of people, government, academia and civil society organisations working in Chhattisgarh at the local and policy level.
- Sharing the study at the Panchayat, district, and state levels.
- Finalizing the study report and planning for the next year.